I like to try and make something on Sundays for easy weekday breakfasts. It varies weekly but is usually some form of muffin or granola. This week I took advantage of some banana’s in the freezer to make these muffins from a Mark Bittman cookbook.
Also, I should rave about my fantastic new purchases. Firstly, a silicone muffin tin – easily the best cooking tool I have bought in awhile. No need to use muffins tins, grease the pans, and the muffins never stick. (If you don’t have one grease the tins before you use this recipe.) Secondly, a muffin-sized ice cream scoop. Spray it with a little oil and it expedites the process as well as keeping the mess to a minimum. If I have all the ingredients out I can make a batch of muffins in less time then the oven takes to preheat
3 banannas mashed
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
3. Beat together all the honey eggs and milk. Mix in the banana.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the well in the dry ingredients. Combine gently with a wooden spoon. Do not overmix, it should be lumpy.
5. Spoon into muffin tins, filling them about 2/3 full or almost to the top if you like really big muffins.
6. Bake 25-30 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.[/print_this]