(makes 6 small breads)
2/3C warm water
1t dry yeast
80g ghee or butter
butter\ghee during cooking(optional)
1. Whisk together the yeast, water and sugar and set aside for 10 minutes in a warm place.
2. Place flour and salt in a large bowl and add half the ghee, the yeast mixture and yogourt. Mix until it forms a soft dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface to knead. Knead for about 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Place dough in a large greased bowl; cover and let sit in a warm place for about 1.5 hours until doubled in bulk.
4. Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes.. Divide into 6 pieces. Roll into 30 cm rounds.
To Cook by Broiling:
5. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and grease thoroughly with ghee. Cook naan under the broiler one or two at a time as close as possible to element for about 2 minutes each side or until puffed and brown. Wrap in a tea towel to keep warm.
To Cook by Grilling\BBQ:
5. Preheat your BBQ to high. Get all your tools ready as this goes quick. You will want want tongs aluminum foil to keep the finished bread warm and brushes and butter\ghee if you are using it. Grease your grill with vegetable oil. Reduce one side to medium high. Place one of the discs on the lower side of the grill, add a dollop of butter on top if using. Close the cover of the BBQ and grill for about 30-60 seconds. Open the lid spread the butter and flip the bread. Add a bit more butter and close the lid again for another 30 seconds. Brush the butter across the bread and flip again. Should be done but use your discretion, wrap in aluminum foil to keep warm. Continue with the rest.