Wanna really show off your homemade pasta? This is a fabulous recipe to take advantage, it’s not too harsh to overpower the delicate pasta, but it also really good in it’s own right. It’s also super simple. Our strata meeting ended at 8, and we were eating by 8:30. Serve this with a light salad as it is very rich!
This recipe comes from one of my favorite ladies – Marcella Hazan and this book. I have actually posted one of her recipes on how to make pasta as well – though I used the kitchen aid recipe this time…
[print_this]Lemon Pasta Sauce
1C half and half
zest of three lemons
juice of 2 small lemons
salt and pepper
Parmesan and flat leaf parsley for garnish
1. Put water on to boil for the pasta – as it is fresh it will only take a minute or so and so you can leave it until the sauce is done.
2. Put butter and cream in a skillet or saucepan that the pasta will fit in later. Turn the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling add the lemon juice and stir in. Add zest and continue stirring until reduced in half.
4. Once sauce is ready cook and drain pasta. Toss pasta with sauce and grate Parmesan over top and toss.
5. Serve garnished with salt, pepper, Parmesan and chopped parsley.[/print_this]