This is a side dish I threw together to use up a zucchini that came in this week’s organic surprise box. I am all into sun-dried tomatoes after my last success with the cornetti so I used some of the oil from that to saute the zucchini.
We are actually on vacation out in BC’s wine country (the Okanagan) So my posting will likely not be frequent for awhile. It is quite exciting though we are in biking distance of a handful of great wineries, including Grey Monk, and fully intend to do some sampling!
[print_this]Zucchini with Coriander (serves 2)
1 small zucchini
2T of of oil from a sun-dried tomato jar, olive oil could be substituted
1t coriander seeds, crushed
1. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and then in 1/4″ slices.
2. Heat a skillet over medum high heat and add the oil.
3. Add the zucchini, turn a few times and add the coriander.
4. Continue cooking, turning the zucchini occasionally to avoid burning, but allowing it to brown and not stir fry for about 2 minutes then add a large pinch of salt. Continue for few more minutes until the zucchini is just soft and not mushy.
5. Taste for seasoning and add more slat if necessary.
Check out these other great posts on zucchini: How to grill it, my gratine, sweet chocolate and zucchini cake, or Clothide’s fabulous namesake blog.