It is natural to put together zucchini and mint since their bounty tends to occur at the same time. With my mint plant threatening to take over the whole garden I decided to make this creamy and savory mint pasta recipe.
By grating the zucchini and draining it, the zucchini blends right into the sauce without watering it down.
Fusili with Zucchini, Mint and Cream
2 small\medium zucchini, well scrubbed
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
½ cup cream
2 tablespoons mint, chopped
½ cup parmesan, freshly grated
350 g fusilli
1. Grate the zucchini using a food processor. Move to a colander and salt. Allow to drain for about 20 minutes. Blot dry with paper towels.
2. Boil salted water for pasta and add.
3. Meanwhile over medium heat add olive oil and garlic, saute for 30 seconds and then add zucchini and a pinch of salt.
4. Cook zucchini stirring for about 3-5 minutes. Add the mint, turn a few times and add the cream and season generously with pepper.
5. Cook at a simmer for a few minutes until the pasta is done. If the sauce gets too thick take it off the heat. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
6. Reserve a cup of pasta water and drain the pasta. Toss with the sauce add Parmesan and pasta water a tablespoon as a time as is needed[/print_this]