Banana Oatmeal Raisin Muffins Recipe

by katerina on April 18, 2009

Banana Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
After the success of the Pumpkin Banana Muffins, and how quickly they disappeared (less then 24 hours) I thought I needed to make another batch of muffins – a full batch of 12 this time. They are such great snacks at work so I used my recipe for Banana Oatmeal Carrot Muffins as the basis for this recipe.

Banana Oatmeal Raisin Muffins

1 3/4 cup oats
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
cooking spray or muffin cups

Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a muffin tin with muffin cups and\or cooking spray. Beat together bananas, milk, oil, honey, sugar and egg. Separately combine dry ingredients: Flour, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir dry into wet until just combined. Stir in walnuts and raisins. Spoon evenly into muffin tin and top each muffin with a raisin. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
[/print_this]
More Recipes:
Banana Oatmeal Carrot Muffins
Raspberry Banana Muffins
Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins
Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins

Sylvie April 19, 2009 at 8:32 am

Mmmhhh, they are packed with goodness.

dawn April 25, 2009 at 5:51 pm

Wow! those muffins sounds delicious…mouthwatering snapshots..I will make it soon…uphere I always have a hardtime trying to find ingredients…one of my friend introduced me to a great resource http://www.myethnicworld.com and i thought that i pass great along as well.

Jona March 20, 2010 at 8:50 am

I made these last night, and they turned out fantastic! It was truly a treat having these for breakfast this morning. Thanks for the great recipe :)

Crystal October 18, 2010 at 3:07 pm

These muffins were not only very easy to make, but they taste great. A lot of oatmeal/ raisin muffins turn out very dry but these were moist throughout and very tasty. I saw the recipe for oatmeal carrot raisin muffins and couldn’t decide so I used this recipe and added about 1/4 cup of carrots and it is very good. My 14 month old daughter also loves them! The only change I’ll make is to double the recipe so I have more next time.

Jason Phelps November 6, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I am making these right now. The first batch (making large ones) is out now.
Very nice. For breakfast so I don’t know how they taste just yet.
Jason

Brandon March 28, 2012 at 11:28 am

I made them last night. They are quite tasty, sadly, I dunno if it’s lack of something, or the fact that I used something I shouldn’t have, but these muffins ended up being rather dry after a few hours. Or it very well could be my extremely old oven! Nonetheless, the flavor is dead one delicious.

katerina April 3, 2012 at 8:47 am

@Brandon – well I am glad they taste good but sorry to hear they dried out. How did you measure the flour? Sometimes if the flour is over measured, or your flour is really dense and heavy it could end up drying out?