As promised, here are my choices for cookbook present ideas this Holiday Season. Again, I only recommend things I own and feel comfortable recommending. For Part I of my Holiday Gift Series check out my Christmas Gift Ideas For Foodies post.
- For the Healthy Friend: I love Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, it certainly isn’t strictly health food but with it’s focus on vegetables it is one of my go-to books for good fresh dishes.
- For the Newbie Cook: You do not have to be a beginner to enjoy the Joy of Cooking, but it is such a great reference for every home cook. I use it all the time.
- For the Foodie: I have only made one recipe from Ad Hoc at Home so far, but I have read through most of the cookbook and it is a great read. This book is current and hot; it should show any Foodie that you are on top of the trends. Another great idea would be the Momofuku cookbook.
- For your Friend who likes the Classics: I love the Classic Italian Cookbook by Marcella Hazan. Of my favorite recipes, I think a majority actually come from here. This is also a book that hasn’t enjoyed the surge in popularity that Mastering the Art of French Cooking has, which is also a great choice.
- For your Friend who wants to Start Cooking: Besides the Joy of Cooking check out Jamie’s Food Revolution. The recipes are basic and accessible. Plus Jamie Oliver was the first chef who made me want to cook. I still love The Naked Chef.
What are your recommendations?