The thing I love about this recipe? I can crave these at the beginning of American Idol, and be eating them warm from the oven by the time the show finishes, in fact that is exactly what I did on Wednesday. Of course this recipe is also super tasty and it is easy to keep everything for them in the house. If you like nuts in your brownies, stir in 3/4C of walnuts in the last step.
This recipe comes from the Mixer Bible and honestly, I think it is the only thing I have ever made from it which is too bad – but since I have my new ice cream maker attachment I think I will give some more of the recipes a whirl when it starts getting warmer.
Adapted from Mixer Bible
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Melt the chocolate. You can do this over a double boiler or in the microwave. If you choose a double boiler make sure you stir constantly so it doesn’t burn and it the heat when it’s 3/4 melted so it doesn’t burn – keep stirring and it will all melt. If using the microwave try to use a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup at medium high. Similarly only cook it until 3/4 melted and then stir it until uniform. Set aside.
3. Put sugar and butter(or margarine) in the mixer bowl and beat with the flat beater until light and fluffy (a few minutes on speed 4 on a kitchenaid).
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla.
5. Beat in the chocolate into the mix until smooth.
6. Mix together the salt and the flour and stir into the mixture.
7. Spread into a greased 8″ square pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool on a rack.