I love pasta all year long, but in the summer the sauces are lighter and tend to highlight some fresh produce.
We currently have heaps of fresh peas from the garden and are eating about a mixing bowl a day so this light pasta was a great way to put a twist on it. If you can’t find cappellini angel hair is a good substitute.
Cappellini with Smoked Salmon and Peas(serves 2)
1. Put a large pot of water on to boil. Salt it thoroughly for pasta.
2. Heat a medium saucepan to medium-low heat and add the butter. Once melted add the shallot and sweat.
3. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
4. Add the lemon zest to the shallots and turn up the heat to medium. Add the white wine and reduce until there are only 2 tablespoons left.
5. Stir in the cream and peas. Allow to cook until the cream bubbles and then add the pasta. Slice the lox into bite-sized pieces and toss in.
6. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Quickly chop in the herbs and add. Serve immediately with fresh pepper on top.