This cinnamon and apple french toast recipe is a nice way to do something a bit different on a lazy Sunday morning. Serve it with bacon and maple syrup, and if you are like me nothing is better than a tiny bit of bacon with each bite.
Cinnamon and Apple French Toast(serves 2)
1. Peel the apple and slice thinly. Put a frying pan on medium low heat and add half of the butter and the apple. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon plus a pinch of salt and stir regularly. Once soft turn off heat.
2. Meanwhile, beat the eggs, milk and remaining cinnamon together in a large bowl. Stir in a pinch of salt.
3. Heat a griddle to medium heat and coat with the remaining butter.
4. Dunk the bread in the egg mixture and allow each side to sit for 10 seconds of so to soak up a bit of liquid. Flip and repeat and then shake off excess. Place on griddle. Flip when the first side is golden brown, pressing occasionally with a spatula so any excess liquid cooks to the bottom. Flip and do the same.
5. Serve French toast topped with apples, maple syrup and bacon on the side.