Coconut and Pistachio Muesli Recipe

by katerina on August 14, 2009

Muesli is my new favorite breakfast. It can be made the night before, eaten hot or cold, and the flavours are very adaptable. Given that I have been eating breakfasts consistently for almost a year now I am not sure how I just discovered it, but needless to say I will be making a lot more muesli in the future. Anyone have any favorite techniques or recipes?

This particular muesli recipe was my first attempt, however, it was so good I had to replicate it the next day, photograph it, and make a double batch so J could try it. If I hadn’t run out of oats I would probably have been making it all week long. There is something about the combination of the coconut and the fresh peaches that is very refreshing. The pistachios don’t dominate, because you only get one in every couple of bites, but they add that little extra something.

Coconut and Pistachio Muesli

1 cup oats
1 cup almond milk (you can use regular or soy milk, but I like the flavour this gives it)
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut'
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons shelled, raw, pistachios
1 tablespoon flax (optional)
1 fresh peaches

Combine all of above up except peaches and stir. Cover and put in the fridge overnight. In the morning chop up your peaches and serve on top.

Note: If you like it sweeter, try adding a teaspoon of brown sugar.

Nina Timm August 14, 2009 at 3:42 pm

Coconut, almond milk….mmmmmI am hooked already!!!

Angelique from Bitchin' Kitchen August 14, 2009 at 6:05 pm

This looks yummy! Coconut is one of my favorite things in the world! You know, I've never tried almond milk? good way to start!

:) Angelique

squirrelbread August 14, 2009 at 7:28 pm

I, too, adore muesli. I'm trying your version tomorrow morning!

Cheers,

*Heather*

Snooky doodle August 14, 2009 at 7:54 pm

must be delicious! I love coconut and pistaccios :)

Katerina August 14, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Angelique – you should totally try almond milk! It is great in cereal. Of course I am biased cause I am lactose intolerant..

Squirrelbread – let me know if you do, and if you have any favorites of your own!

Mel @ bouchonfor2.com August 17, 2009 at 3:57 am

Never thought to combine these nutty yumminess together. mmm… that looks delicious, thanks so much for sharing :) Can't wait to try it!

skinny asian girl August 17, 2009 at 10:15 pm

Love museli. Thanks for the recipe!! I also like how I can make it today before, gives me something to wake up to!!

Tiffiny Felix March 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm

My husband’s been eating muesli for breakfast for years. He eats so much of it we mix pounds and pounds of it at a time and store it in the freezer; 25 lbs 6-grain cereal, 10 lbs oatmeal, 6 lbs walnuts, costco bag cranberries, rasins, and blueberries…you get the idea.

Thanks for your wonderful blog! I have an award for you over at my blog if you want to go take a look :)