At this time of year I don’t have a ton of fresh herbs available without purchasing them. However on my front porch I still have healthy chives, sage and thyme as well as mint in my kitchen. This recipe takes advantage of both the chives and thyme and brings that classic pairing of thyme and mushrooms back again.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta(serves 2)
Adapted from Rachael Ray
1. Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet and saute the shallots for 5 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and saute until cooked and nicely browned ~10 mins. Add the thyme and some salt and pepper to season.
3. Add the flour and cook for a minute then whisk in the white wine, chicken stock and heavy cream. Bring the mixture up to a simmer and allow to thicken.
4. When the sauce is thick stir in the chicken. When the chicken is heated through season to taste.
5. Stir in pasta and chives reserving back a bit for garnish. If you are feeling indulgent stir in a knob of butter
6. Serve garnished with chives.