It’s summer, have you broken out the tomatoes and basil yet? Try fresh tomatoes and sweet basil in this easy recipe for pork tenderloin with a warm couscous salad. If you aren’t convinced, notice the addition of bacon and grilled corn?
If you are organized this recipe shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes – of course it helps if you have someone else help you with the grilling.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with a Warm Corn, Basil and Bacon CousCous(serves 2)
1. Cook the bacon until crisp, transfer to a paper towel to drain.
2. Cook couscous according to package directions, fluff with a fork and leave covered.
3. Mix up the dressing by combing honey, (2 tablespoons) olive oil salt the lemon juice and zest along with 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Trim the pork tenderloin and rub with half of the dressing.
5. Remove the corn from the husks and rub with the remaining olive oil.
6. Heat your grill to high and start grilling your corn and pork. Turn the corn regularly so it is cooked and nicely charred. Cook your pork to the doneness of your liking, remove and tent with foil.(I usually cook to slightly over medium rare which is ~145F). Let it rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
7. While your pork is grilling chop the tomatoes to bite sized and place in a large bowl along with the bacon and couscous. When the corn is cooked and charred use a sharp knife to remove the corn from the cob. Toss with the couscous and dress with remaining dressing. Roughly chop basil and stir in. Taste and season if necessary.
8. Slice pork and serve alongside couscous.