Peach, Coconut and Oatmeal Muffins

by katerina on July 18, 2013

Peach and Coconut Oatmeal  Muffin Recipe

Loving the fresh fruit, but feel like baking? Try these healthy oatmeal peach muffins, accented with vanilla and coconut. From experience, I suggest to make a double batch and freeze one. They will go quickly.

Peach and Coconut Oatmeal Muffins-14

Peach, Coconut and Oatmeal Muffins

(12 muffins)

1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup oats
1/3 cup coconut
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup yogourt
1/2 cup oil
1 cup chopped peaches (2 small peaches)

1. Preheat the oven to 400F.

2. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, soda, oats and coconut in a bowl and stir together.

3. In a second bowl whisk together the sugar and egg. Whisk in the yogourt and oil and then stir in the chopped peaches.

4. Gently fold together the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients. Divide between 12 muffin tins and bake for 18-20 minutes.

Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes | Total Time:30 minutes

Amy July 18, 2013 at 5:46 pm

YUM! Those look so amazing. It’s very dangerous for me to look at these right before lunch…

Melissa July 18, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Oh my, I love baking muffins and these sound amazing…will have to give these a try! They would be especially pretty with rainbow coconut

katerina July 22, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Rainbow coconut? I haven’t heard of that before. Hmm…

Melissa July 26, 2013 at 6:55 pm

So I made these the other day for breakfast. Used fresh Okanagan peaches (yum) and lemon yogourt (as I didn’t have plain or vanilla, but the lemon was a nice flavour accent)…and rainbow coconut (I think it’s just sweetened coconut that’s been dyed, so you know, super healthy….but pretty!) which I get at Bulk Barn. Baked them as mini muffins for about 13 mins.
Yum yum. The baby dubiously poked at hers until she tried one and then she devoured 3 of them and whinged for more.

katerina July 31, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Yum!! So glad baby liked them. I am taking mental note of all the recipes that mini Melissa likes :)

Sue in RI August 5, 2013 at 7:42 pm

About to make these and see just “oats.” Quick oats, rolled oats, does it matter?

katerina August 11, 2013 at 5:46 pm

You can use quick or rolled oats. Even whole oats will work although the texture will be a bit different.