Plum season can easily be missed if you blink or go out of town for a week or two, but when they are fresh it is worth catching them because they are so good.
Try pairing plums with salty cheese, rosemary and a touch of honey in this quick and easy tart recipe. Because of it’s sweet and savoury disposition it can be dessert or an appetizer.
Plum, Goat Cheese & Rosemary Tart(1 6x12" tart or 8 small slices)
1. Follow the directions to defrost the puff pastry (overnight in the refrigerator or a few hours on the counter are usuallly good bets).
2. Preheat the oven to 375F.
3. Prepare your plums, and crumble your goats cheese. Tear off a few leaves of rosemary for garnish.
4. Roll out your dough into a 5x 12" rectangle. Brush the dough with olive oil and cover with the plum slices. Dot with goat cheese and sprinkle with a few of the rosemary leaves (reserve the rest). Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
5. While the tart is baking combine the honey, wine and remaining rosemary into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and simmer until reduced by half. Reduce heat to low.
6. When the tart comes out of the oven, brush with the glaze and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Let cool on a rack until you are ready to eat.