Need dinner in a pinch? Try making a frittata. Cherry tomatoes, a light but tangy cheese and fresh basil makes for a perfectly seasonable recipe, but any of your favorite combinations can work.
The secret to a great, quick frittata is a very hot oven so do make sure it is properly up to temperature. Try serving with a zesty salad and steamed potatoes or crusty bread.
Frittata with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil(serves 2)
1. Preheat your oven to 450F.
2. In a medium bowl beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a small, oven-proof frying pan to medium heat. Add the vegetable oil to coat.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and use a fork to scramble the egg on the bottom for 2 minutes, or until it starts to form very large curds. If necessary use the fork to distribute the egg around the pan evenly.
5. Top with the cheese and tomatoes and transfer to the oven.
6. Cook until puffy and lightly browned about 6-10 minutes, depending on how far along your eggs were to begin with. Roughly chop the basil and sprinkle on top. Serve immediately. I like sides of crusty bread or steamed potatoes and a light salad.