White Bean, Artichoke, Goat Cheese, and Basil Hummus Recipe

by katerina on June 29, 2009

White Bean Hummus

Do you have a dish you whip up when you know people are coming over for a drink at the last minute? Or, not even the last minute, but maybe you aren’t very organized? For me, it is always a fancy hummus or dip. With a well stocked pantry you can create a delicious dip without a trip to the store.

White Bean and Basil Hummus

As we all know, the belief here at Daily Unadventures in Cooking is that adding goat cheese to anything makes it better. (In fact if I ever decide to rename the site, I may just call it A Bit More Goat Cheese if You Please.) If the goat cheese adds creaminess, then the artichokes definitely add a tangy depth of flavor. Plus, not to go all Mrs. Seinfeld on you all, but we are hiding vegetables inside a dip are we not?

White Bean, Artichoke, Goat Cheese, and Basil Hummus Recipe

(~2 cups)

1 can cannelini beans, well rinsed
1 can artichoke hearts in water.
100 grams soft goat cheese (chevre)
the juice of 1 lemon
1 large handful fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper

Place beans and artichokes in a food processor and pulse for 10 seconds. Scrape down sides and add goat cheese, lemon juice, basil and some salt and pepper. Process until well combined, scrape down the sides and correct for taste, finish with one last pulse. Serve with warm pita and cut veggies.

Deborah June 29, 2009 at 3:53 pm

I have never seen these flavors in a hummus – it sounds delicious!

Michelle June 29, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Sounds absolutely delicious!! Can't wait to give it a try!

Kalyn June 29, 2009 at 11:45 pm

A Bit More Goat Cheese if You Please! Very catchy.

The hummus sounds great too.

SarahKate June 30, 2009 at 7:41 am

That sounds lovely! Anything with goats cheese is a winner in my house!

Katerina June 30, 2009 at 3:19 pm

Deborah – the more options the better I think!

Michelle – let me know if you do.

Kalyn – Seriously. I am considering it.

SarahKate – Got any other great dishes you make with it?

Peter M June 30, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Kat, this the 2nd white bean dip I've seen in 2days…I bought a can yesterday…bean dip it is!

Teddy June 30, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Oh I love love goat cheese. Esp in salads. I've never used it in a dip before. great idea!

Teddy

ps I'm adding you to the blogroll right now :)

tastestopping July 1, 2009 at 11:20 am

You had me at artichoke and goat cheese. But the beans make it so healthy. Totally a win-win. Plus it actually sounds delicious.

Best,
Casey
Editor

andrea from the fishbowl July 1, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Oh this sounds delicious.
My go-to-recipe is a bruschetta with goat cheese (!). It is wickedly good.

Angelique from Bitchin' Kitchen July 1, 2009 at 6:11 pm

OMG, this is so great. Did I ever mention that my BF LOVESSSSSS hummus, he puts it on everything, pizza, toast, muffins… I know it's gross…lol but this will score big points!

Angelique from Bitchin' Kitchen July 1, 2009 at 6:11 pm

Patricia @ Brownies for Dinner July 1, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Did someone say goat cheese? Yum. I completely agree that a little goat cheese makes everything better. I may try this recipe this weekend. Thanks!

Katerina July 2, 2009 at 4:37 am

Teddy – Glad you enjoyed and thanks!

Andrea – that sounds great, I must try that!

Kevin July 4, 2009 at 9:27 pm

What a tasty sounding dip. I really like the use of the goat cheese!

Anonymous July 5, 2009 at 9:35 pm

This is wonderful!! I made it for our July 4th get together, and it was a big hit! People especially liked that it was garlic-free.

Tim July 10, 2009 at 11:35 am

From the ingredient list I can tell this would be delicious. So far hummus is the only thing in my 'last minute dip' inventory, perhaps it's time to expand…

Gavan, The Healthy Irishman July 23, 2009 at 11:21 pm

Hi, I made your recipe and it turned out really well. My missus is addicted to hummus so this is perfect for her.
Here it is,
Thanks
Gavan

Cherine February 8, 2010 at 11:48 am

I love hummus but this recipe is wow!! I will definitely try it soon :)

Tessa October 17, 2010 at 7:59 am

This sounds SO DELICIOUS! Now if only I had a food processor… ah, the life of a university student. For whenever I get my hands on one, I have a question! What would “the juice of one lemon” equate to in terms of lemon juice squeezed from a bottle? Or would you not recommend the switch?

katerina October 17, 2010 at 11:03 am

Tessa – likely about 2-3 tablespoons, however I am not a big fan of bottle lemon juice and would recommend the real stuff :)

Lisa September 26, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Just made this an hour ago. Absolutely amazing! I have an ongoing love affair with goat cheese, artichoke hearts, and hummus. I used a cup of fresh spinach instead of basil since I had a lot of it on hand and it was excellent. Probably would be even better with basil since it offers more flavor. A+!

katerina September 26, 2011 at 5:54 pm

That’s great! Try serving it hot, it’s divine that way.

wordpress plugin developer July 17, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it
was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for inexperienced blog writers? I’d really appreciate it.